As a child, do you remember the thrill of opening each little trap door on your Christmas advent calendars and finding a piece of chocolate to devour?
Step into 2021 and enjoy a whole new experience of thrills and rewards with the first-ever Rotary “Season of Giving” calendar chock full of surprises.
Forget just chocolates and anticipate lots of treats each day with exciting prizes including:
- A full day trip for two which can include two supercars with drivers for a day of wine touring or the ability to join a supercar private track day, Area 27 with professional instruction and car provided courtesy of local philanthropist Brent Marshall of Business Finders Canada valued at $10,000
- The “Gift of Flight” - One round trip flight for two guests to any regularly scheduled and marketed WestJet destination*! *(No cash value, fees, taxes, surcharges not included, blackout dates and restrictions apply.)
- 5 nights accommodations, lessons, rentals, and lift tickets at Big White valued at over $5,800
- Boat, jet ski and other rentals from Downtown Marina Kelowna valued at $3,250
- $2,000 in Gift Certificates to Natures Fare
- $2,000 in Gift Certificates for Save-On-Foods
- $1,800 in Gift Certificates to Olivia’s Oils
- A private helicopter experience with Alpine Helicopters worth $1,000
- One week vacation at St Ives on The Shuswap BC, two prizes worth over $700 each
- A luxury wine tour with Wicked Wine Tours valued at $1,000
- “Bread for a Year” from Cobs Bread
- Wild at Heart print, and signed Fraiche Nutrition cookbooks from local philanthropist Jillian Harris
- Ultimate golf experiences at five local courses, wine gift cards, skis, and many more surprises are hidden and waiting to be discovered behind the doors...
For only $20 each, buy yourself and someone special a Season of Giving Calendar in support of local children. The 6,000 lucky purchasers will receive a beautiful calendar, with artwork designed by renowned local artist Dale Dirks. With daily windows from December 1st-24th, family, colleagues and friends take part together by opening to reveal multiple fabulous prizes each day. Daily, unique ticket numbers will be drawn for the prizes that correspond to one number printed on each purchased calendar (0001-6,000). Winning numbers will be announced through KelownaNow, the Kelowna Sunrise Rotary “Season of Giving Calendar” website, and via weekly updates posted in the Capital News.
Our goal is to raise $120,000 for local kids in need, and as such have chosen two local organizations to become the major beneficiaries of Season of Giving Calendar proceeds: The Kelowna General Hospital Foundation targeting Neonatal Intensive Care Ward and the Child Advocacy Centre.
Club President Marjolein Lloyd says “Our club is very excited to be able, with community support, to contribute to both of these extraordinary, essential organizations.”
Calendars can be purchased in-person starting October 23rd at select Save-On-Foods in Kelowna: Mission Store on Lakeshore, Orchard Plaza, Glenmore, Rutland, as well as West Kelowna and Lake Country stores as well as at the Kelowna General Hospital gift shop. With $62,319 in prizes, there’s something for everyone and multiple prizes will be given each day. Don’t miss out, get your calendars early!
Please join us at the Very Special Big Launch Event Season of Giving Calendar at Save-On-Foods, Orchard Plaza on October 23rd at 11:00 a.m.
*Update: the original launch date of October 16th is now October 23rd.
The Rotary Club of Kelowna Sunrise meets on Friday mornings at 7:01am. More information about the club and ways to become a member can be found at www.kelownasunriserotary.org or on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/RotaryClubOfKelownaSunrise